Henderson Fire Department

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -- One woman and two pets were killed in an accidental kitchen fire on Tuesday morning in Henderson.

Officials said the fire on the 500 block of Grimsby Avenue injured a man and displaced 11 others about 6:30 a.m. on June 30.  

Firefighters arrived to the one-story home near Sunset Road and Stephanie Street and were told people might be inside. In the home, an 82-year-old woman was found. She was taken to University Medical Center where she died. 

Officials said a dog and rabbit also died in the fire. A 55-year-old man was taken to UMC with non-life threatening injuries. 

The estimated damage is $280,000.

Copyright 2020 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.