LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -- Las Vegas police said a barricaded suspect shot himself in a motel room in the south valley on Saturday.
Police said they located a wanted kidnapping suspect about 4:45 p.m. at the Highland Inn Motel near Blue Diamond Road on Dean Martin Drive.
The kidnapping happened on Friday and the victim is safe at home, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Capt. Fred Haas told media at the scene.
Detectives were unable to make contact or have him exit the property. A single gunshot was heard from inside, Haas said, and SWAT was called to the scene.
The door was forced open by SWAT and the suspect was inside, dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Haas said.
The Clark County Coroner's Office identified the man as 34-year-old Jordan McDonald. He died from a gunshot wound to the head and his death was ruled suicide.
This is a developing story. Check back for more information.
Copyright 2020 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
Today's Flash Briefing
Stay updated on the latest local headlines with our audio news briefing.
- Mahogany Fire: Crews work to contain 2,794-acre wildfire on Mt. Charleston
- Arizona governor orders closure of bars, clubs, gyms, and more for 30 days
- Nevada Gov. Sisolak to extend Phase 2 through end of July
- Nevada Gov. Sisolak announces outreach plan, creates phone lines to report non-compliant businesses
- President of Red Rock Resorts, Station Casinos dies in watercraft accident
- Nevada's minimum wage to increase beginning July 1
- VIDEO: Couple points guns at protesters marching through St. Louis neighborhood
- A Starbucks barista received nearly $80,000 in tips after being singled out for refusing to serve a customer not wearing a mask
- VIDEO: Injured Las Vegas officer Shay Mikalonis receives police escort to airport
- Las Vegas man shot neighbors in front of his daughter, arrest report says