LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -- President Joe Biden, Sen. Chuck Schumer, Speaker Nancy Pelosi and former President Barack Obama all spoke at former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's memorial service at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts in Las Vegas on Saturday morning.
A recording of the livestreamed service is available here:
Vice President Kamala Harris and the Second Gentleman Douglas Emhoff also were in attendance.
The order of service:
- Processional and Honor Guard
- Conducting: Marcus Faust
- Invocation: Ella Joy Reid, granddaughter, daughter of Key and Maile Reid
- Elder M. Russell Ballard, President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Lana Reid Barringer
- Key Reid
- Josh Reid
- "Be Still" performed by Brandon Flowers of The Killers
- Leif Reid
- Rory Reid
- Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi
- "In the Name of Love" performed by Carole King
- President Barack Obama
- President Joe Biden
- Benediction: Savannah Jaynes Reid, granddaughter, daughter of Rory and Cindy Reid
- "Home Means Nevada" performed by Brandon Flowers of The Killers, audience joins
Brandon Flowers of The Killers performed "Be Still" and "Home Means Nevada." Carole King performed "In the Name of Love."
The ceremony closed with the poem "i carry your heart with me" by E. E. Cummings.
"Senator Reid kept a copy of a poem by E. E. Cummings in his desk at the U.S. Capitol. The poem represented the love he and Landra share. He read the poem often and would think of her," it reads.