1127 lvfr

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue responds at 123 W. Colorado Ave. on Nov. 27, 2021. (LVFR)

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -- On Saturday night, a hazmat crew responded to a food processing factory in downtown Las Vegas.

At 9:51 PM, Las Vegas Fire and Rescue was called about an ammonia leak at the facility at the Desert Gold Food Company, 123 W. Colorado Avenue, off of Commerce Street. The department said the ammonia is used for refrigeration.

The plant was closed at the time of the incident, which lasted about three hours, according to LVFR. 

Some streets in the area were shut down while the team investigated. No one was hurt, according to LVFR.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.