(Meredith) -- Nearly 50 victims of human trafficking, including 14 minors, were rescued during a sting operation across California last week, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office announced Tuesday.
Some of the victims found by law enforcement were as young as 13 years old, KTLA reported.
During the three-day effort, dubbed "Operation Reclaim and Rebuild," detectives arrested 339 people on suspicion of solicitation.
The statewide operation involved 93 agencies and hundreds of undercover officers who posed online as teenagers to intercept predators.
In one case, a 54-year-old man used social media to "groom and entice" what he thought was a 14-year-old boy, according to Los Angeles County Assistant Sheriff Maria Gutierrez. The man even sent the child photos of $100 bills and told the boy to meet him at a park.
When the man arrived, he was reportedly arrested by an undercover officer who had posed as the boy online.
“Predators operate freely in cyberspace," Gutierrez said, while urging parents to monitor their children's internet activity.
Another case involved a 30-year-old man who was arrested on child pornography charges after investigators said he was seen in multiple videos sexually assaulting a 6-year-old.
Operation Reclaim and Rebuild notably took place in January, which is recognized as National Slavery & Human Trafficking Prevention Month.
Victims encountered during the sting were cared for by personnel from various Department of Children and Family Services Agencies and victim service providers in each county.
“Through Operation Reclaim and Rebuild, we in law enforcement are working together to stop the human sex trafficking of minors in our community,” Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey said in a statement. “We must help the young victims who are lured into sex trafficking and prosecute both the people who pay for sex with children and the traffickers who benefit financially from these horrendous crimes.”