Clark County launches town halls, online surveys on street vendor next steps
LAS VEGAS, Nev. (FOX5) - On Tuesday evening, Clark County hosted the first in a series of scheduled town hall meetings aimed at “fostering community engagement and addressing concerns surrounding the Clark County’s sidewalk vendors ordinances.”
The first of 11 town hall events was held at the Clark County Government Center. According to a media release from the county, the town halls will “provide a valuable opportunity for Clark County residents to learn more about the timeline, proposed regulations, share their thoughts and ideas, and shape the future of sidewalk vending in the county.”
According to the release, the proposed sidewalk vending regulations aim to ensure that sidewalk vending operations are conducted in a safe, legal, and controlled manner while providing opportunities for economic growth and cultural diversity. The new regulations call for specific rules and licensing requirements for sidewalk vendors, including health and safety standards, location restrictions, and designation of zones in neighborhoods and commercial areas where sidewalk vending can occur.
The town hall meetings will be held at various locations across Clark County. The following is a list of the dates and locations for all the confirmed upcoming town halls:
- Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 5:30 p.m. | Desert Breeze Community Center - 8275 Spring Mountain Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89117
- Wednesday, Sept. 20 at 2 p.m. | Cora Coleman Senior Center - 2100 Bonnie Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89156
- Thursday, Sept. 21 at 6 p.m. | Paradise Recreation Center - 4775 S. McLeod, Las Vegas, NV 89121
- Monday, Sept. 25 at 5:30 p.m. | Paradise Community Center - 4775 S. McLeod, Las Vegas, NV 89121
- Tuesday, Oct. 10 at 5:30 p.m. | Walnut Community Center – 3075 N Walnut Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89115
- Wednesday, Oct. 11 at 5:30 p.m. | Pearson Community Center – 1625 W Carey Ave., North Las Vegas, NV 89032
The town halls will offer interpretation services in Spanish, English & Tagalog and will be broadcast on all Clark County Social Media Channels in English and Spanish including Facebook, Twitter (X), and YouTube. Clark County Channel 4 will broadcast the events live.
Community surveys about the topic, for both vendors and non-vendors, can be found on a Clark County website here.
NOTE: Changes that Clark County made to the town hall schedule are reflected in the list above.
Copyright 2023 KVVU. All rights reserved.