Homeless men electrocuted behind Las Vegas pharmacy - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Homeless men electrocuted behind Las Vegas pharmacy

Posted: Updated:
Police taped off a section of the building where two men were electrocuted. (Roger Bryner/FOX5) Police taped off a section of the building where two men were electrocuted. (Roger Bryner/FOX5)
(Roger Bryner/FOX5) (Roger Bryner/FOX5)
(Roger Bryner/FOX5) (Roger Bryner/FOX5)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Two homeless men are in critical condition after being electrocuted behind a pharmacy in downtown Las Vegas.

Metro police and medical personnel responded to the White Cross Market on Las Vegas Boulevard near Oakey Boulevard at 1:46. On arrival, officers located two men who were electrocuted behind the business, officer Jay Rivera said. 

The victims reportedly touched electrical wires inside of a closet. The electrocution prompted a power outage in the strip mall where the pharmacy is located.

Police said the men were alert and speaking to paramedics as they were being treated. They were transported to a nearby hospital with critical injuries. 

Stay with FOX5 for updates.

Copyright 2018 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.