Country star Jason Aldean resumes tour after Vegas shooting - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Country star Jason Aldean resumes tour after Vegas shooting

Posted: Updated:
(Source: CNN) (Source: CNN)

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Country star Jason Aldean returned to the stage Thursday night after cancelling tour dates following the mass shooting in Las Vegas.

The singer was onstage Oct. 1 when a gunman sprayed bullets into the crowd at the outdoor Route 91 Harvest festival, killing 58 people and leaving nearly 500 injured. It is the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Three songs into his Tulsa, Oklahoma, show, Aldean told the crowd that he won't be shaken by anyone trying to make Americans live in fear.

"I want to play the show for you guys that the people in Las Vegas came to see and didn't get a chance to," Aldean said.

He canceled shows in Los Angeles, San Diego and Anaheim, California, last week out of respect for the victims and to take time to mourn.

The singer visited shooting victims still in a Las Vegas hospital Sunday. The day before, Aldean performed Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down" on "Saturday Night Live" in tribute to the victims and the late rock superstar.

Petty died the day after the shooting in Los Angeles after suffering cardiac arrest.

"You can be sure that we are going to walk through these tough times together every step of the way," Aldean said during his special appearance on "SNL."

Authorities have said Stephen Paddock targeted the country music festival, opening fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel. They are still trying to determine a motive.

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.