Coroner: Man died from drugs, heat exposure after EDC - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Coroner: Man died from drugs, heat exposure after EDC

Posted: Updated:
Michael Morse died after the Electronic Daisy Carnival on June 17, 2017. (The Morse Family) Michael Morse died after the Electronic Daisy Carnival on June 17, 2017. (The Morse Family)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

The Clark County Coroner's Office ruled the death of a 34-year-old man who died after the Electric Daisy Carnival at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway as accidental. 

Michael Adam Morse, of California, died from acute MDMA, also known as ecstasy and TFMPP toxicity, a drug also known as "Legal X." Environmental heat exposure was also listed as a contributing factor to his death, according to the coroner. 

Coroner John Fudenberg said, "a few of the  many adverse effects of the drug Ecstasy is increased body temperature and dehydration, which when combined with hot weather creates a potentially deadly situation."

Morse's body was 109 degrees at the time of his death, according to the coroner's office. 

[RELATED: Man dies after EDC ends at Las Vegas Motor Speedway]

Morse was pronounced dead on June 17 at 7:41 a.m., hours after the first day of the festival ended. 

Copyright 2017 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.