Underground fire causes power outage at Vets Village Las Vegas - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Underground fire causes power outage at Vets Village Las Vegas

Posted: Updated:
Fire crews and RTC buses were called to Veterans Village on July 16, 2017 to assist with a fire call. (Las Vegas Fire/Twitter) Fire crews and RTC buses were called to Veterans Village on July 16, 2017 to assist with a fire call. (Las Vegas Fire/Twitter)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Representatives were working to get power restored to the Veterans Village community near downtown Las Vegas Sunday morning. 

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue reported an underground electrical fire behind the village, located at 1150 S. Las Vegas. Blvd. just south of Charleston Boulevard, at 8:38 a.m.

Fire officials said the fire was able to be extinguished and the wires that burned were some sort of private wiring.

Power to the complex had to be turned off while work was done to the wiring, according to representatives, and a portable generator was also brought in.

Regional Transportation Commission buses were available for residents if they wanted to use a temporary Red Cross shelter at Fremont Middle School.

However, once the generator was on site no one needed to be evacuated according to Las Vegas Fire and Rescue.

Stay with FOX5 for updates on this story when more information is released.

Copyright 2017 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.