Two people, dog and tortoise escape Henderson house fire - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Two people, dog and tortoise escape Henderson house fire

Posted: Updated:
HENDERSON, NV (FOX5) -

The Henderson Fire Department was called to a home near Pecos and Robindale Tuesday. 

The fire started in the master bedroom closet, stemming from electrical issues, according to the department.

Two people, and a dog made it out of the home safely and a pet desert tortoise was rescued from the backyard unharmed.

Fire officials said the fire was accidental. No physical injuries were reported but one firefighter experienced heat exhaustion and was taken to a nearby hospital. He was later released, according to HFD. 

The estimated cost of damage amounted to approximately $250,000.

Copyright 2017 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.