Real estate agent stabbing victim speaks out - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Real estate agent stabbing victim speaks out

Posted: Updated:
Realtor Ryan Vega displays injuries displayed in a September 2016 knife attack. (Source: Ryan Vega) Realtor Ryan Vega displays injuries displayed in a September 2016 knife attack. (Source: Ryan Vega)

Almost a month after being stabbed in the neck while showing a house, a local realtor has returned home and is now healing.

Ryan Vega was in a coma for two weeks because of the attack. He said he never thought he would wake up.

"I was saying my prayers, I was ready to meet God, I was ready to see Jesus," Vega said. "I was going to go home. I said goodbye, and that's when the tenant's son hollered out, and he's never done this before. He said, 'Hey, come back. I have some questions to ask you.'"

[PREVIOUS: Wife of realtor stabbed while showing home speaks out]

Vega walked back in the house, but instead of questions he was met with a six-inch butcher knife.

"He stuck me twice, right between my vocal cord and my main vein,” Vega said. “If I would have tried fighting or going sideways, I wouldn't be here right now."

The suspect is 36-year-old Daniel Mora, the son of the tenants whose house Vega was trying to sell. Vega also said that if it wasn't for the parents, things may have ended differently.

[READ: Arrest made in stabbing of realtor in North Las Vegas]

"[He] knocked me down, pulled the knife out, and knife fell on the ground. He picked the knife up again, and he was going to go for the kill, and fortunately the mother and father that were there, knocked him to the ground," Vega said. 

Vega believes Mora planned the whole thing, but he doesn't think it was personal.

"I just think he was trying to stop the sale is all it was. He's not a longtime enemy. I'm not even worried about him coming after me after all this," Vega said.

Vega said he has already forgiven Mora and that he is just thankful he still has a life to live. Despite the traumatic event, when fully healed he plans to get back to business.

"It's my pride and joy. It's what I enjoy doing, getting out there and helping people, so, yes, I'll be getting back out there for sure," Vega said. 

Vega said one of the biggest reasons he granted an interview to FOX5 Monday was so that the full story of what happened is known. As of Monday afternoon, Vega had not been interviewed by police.

Mora’s first court appearance is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 31. 

Copyright 2016 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.