Self-described amateur fighter attacks, robs kids - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Self-described amateur fighter attacks, robs kids

Posted: Updated:
Police sketch of a man who robbed and assaulted juveniles in the area of South Pecos Road and East Reno Avenue on Sept. 3, 2016. (Source: LVMPD) Police sketch of a man who robbed and assaulted juveniles in the area of South Pecos Road and East Reno Avenue on Sept. 3, 2016. (Source: LVMPD)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Las Vegas Metro police are searching for the man who last month violently robbed two juveniles in the area of South Pecos Road and East Reno Avenue.

An investigation indicated about 8 p.m. on Sept. 3, the victims were walking when they came under attack by a man. The man dragged one of the victims across the street while continuing to assault him.

Both victims sustained injuries, and one of them was hospitalized. They were robbed of several items. Police said that two other people, who watched the attack, subsequently joined in and robbed the victims as well.

During the robbery, the first man stated he is an amateur fighter and is on probation.

The attacker was described as between 22 and 25 years old, possibly Puerto Rican or Dominican, about 6’3” tall and 175 pounds. He has short, curly hair and may have acne on his face. He also has a tribal tattoo on his triceps. He was said to be driving a Honda Civic hatchback from the early 2000s.

Anyone with information was urged to call Metro’s Southeast Area Command Patrol Investigations Section at 702-828-8242. Those wishing to remain anonymous may call Crime Stoppers at 702-385-5555 or leave information online at www.crimestoppersofnv.com.

Copyright 2016 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Most Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Las Vegas man shot and killed after jumping off balcony

    Las Vegas man shot and killed after jumping off balcony

    Tuesday, December 12 2017 7:48 PM EST2017-12-13 00:48:21 GMT
    LVMPD officers investigate the scene of a deadly shooting Dec. 11, 2017 (FOX5).LVMPD officers investigate the scene of a deadly shooting Dec. 11, 2017 (FOX5).

    Las Vegas Metropolitan Police said one person is dead after a shooting near Vegas Valley Drive and Nellis Boulevard Monday evening.  

    More >

    Las Vegas Metropolitan Police said one person is dead after a shooting near Vegas Valley Drive and Nellis Boulevard Monday evening.  

    More >
  • Death of 2-hour-old baby ruled murder, no charges filed

    Death of 2-hour-old baby ruled murder, no charges filed

    Tuesday, December 12 2017 2:56 AM EST2017-12-12 07:56:32 GMT
    This generic image shows the silhouette of a pregnant woman. (Meredith Image)This generic image shows the silhouette of a pregnant woman. (Meredith Image)

    The death of a baby boy earlier this year who lived for less than two hours has been classified as a murder, according to Metro Police.

    More >

    The death of a baby boy earlier this year who lived for less than two hours has been classified as a murder, according to Metro Police.

    More >
  • Our Apologies

    The page you requested is currently unavailable. Pages on this site are constantly being revised, updated, and occasionally removed. You may have followed an outdated link or have outdated pages in your

    You have reached a page which is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please use your browser's BACK button to return to the previous page

    More >
Powered by Frankly
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.