Man claiming royal title loses bid for jail release in Vegas - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Man claiming royal title loses bid for jail release in Vegas

Posted: Updated:
This undated booking photo provided by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department shows Alexander Montagu-Manchester, 53. (Clark County Detention Center/Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department via AP) This undated booking photo provided by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department shows Alexander Montagu-Manchester, 53. (Clark County Detention Center/Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department via AP)
LAS VEGAS (AP) -

An Australian man claiming the British royal title Duke of Manchester lost a bid for release from a Las Vegas jail, where he's being held on felony and misdemeanor charges.

Alexander Montagu-Manchester's defense attorney, Justin Glasgow, told a judge Friday that he and two other court-appointed lawyers are concerned about their client's mental condition.

Montagu-Manchester has said he's suffering effects of a head injury he received in a June 8 street attack.

Police confirm he was knocked unconscious, the case is being investigated and no arrest had been made.

Montagu-Manchester has been jailed since Aug. 12 on a felony false police report charge that the judge says violated terms of his release on a previous burglary charge.

The judge decided the 53-year-old Montagu-Manchester poses a danger to the community if he's released.

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.