Fire sparks after man tries to replace fuel pump - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Fire sparks after man tries to replace fuel pump

Posted: Updated:
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

A family of four was forced out of their home Sunday afternoon after a fire started in their home's garage.

Tim Szymanski with the Las Vegas City Fire Department says his department was called to the 6000 block of Crystal Cascade Street around 3 p.m. on Sunday.

The fire department's investigation revealed the fire started in the garage.

Szymanski says the home's resident was working on a vehicle inside the garage, replacing a fuel pump when he heard a "big pop" and then the fire started.

Szymanski says the fire caused $60,000 in damage, including destroying two vehicles that were parked in the garage.

According to Szymanski, the fire was confined to the garage. However, the house did sustain smoke damage.

No one was injured in the blaze. The Red Cross is helping the family of four, which includes two small children.

Szymanski says the fire has been ruled accidental. 

Copyright 2014 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..