PD: 3 men tied to month-long Vegas Valley robbery spree - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

PD: 3 men tied to month-long Vegas Valley robbery spree

Posted: Updated:
A surveillance image released by Las Vegas Metro police shows three armed, masked men holding up a business as part of a crime spree during June and July 2014. (LVMPD) A surveillance image released by Las Vegas Metro police shows three armed, masked men holding up a business as part of a crime spree during June and July 2014. (LVMPD)
From left to right, Kevin Hall, Justin Loper and Keith Williams. (Source: LVMPD) From left to right, Kevin Hall, Justin Loper and Keith Williams. (Source: LVMPD)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Las Vegas Metro police said three men arrested this week were responsible for at least 16 organized and methodical armed robberies over the last month.

In a news conference Thursday, Metro announced the arrests of three men in the crime spree as Justin Loper, 26; Kevin R. Hall Jr., 26; and Keith Williams, 23.

In what they called the "Stack and Sack" robbery series, police said three suspects committed robberies in the early morning hours between Fridays and Sundays. The first of the robberies happened on June 14 when three people in masks and gloves committed a take-over style robbery.

According to police, the bandits targeted 24-hour businesses in Las Vegas and North Las Vegas, striking at two to four locations within a 2-and-a-half-hour time span.

Cpt. Csaba Maczala of Metro's Robbery/Homicide Bureau said officers were able to catch up with the three men during the early morning of July 13. According to Maczala, a convenience store on Vegas Drive was robbed and within 45 minutes another business was held up.

Patrolling officers spotted a vehicle driven by the suspects, chased after the men and later caught them after they ditched the vehicle on foot.

Police said a handgun and a large amount of cash were recovered as evidence in the case.

The three men were booked into Clark County Detention Center on multiple counts of robbery with a deadly weapon, burglary with a weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery and kidnapping.

Metro posted several surveillance still images of the robbery spree on its YouTube channel.

Police also said a multi-jurisdictional task force, which comprised of law enforcement officers from Metro, North Las Vegas police, Nevada Highway Patrol and FBI, was created during the investigation.

Copyright 2014 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Most Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Pregnant high school student not allowed to walk at graduation

    Pregnant high school student not allowed to walk at graduation

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 7:35 PM EDT2017-05-24 23:35:11 GMT
    Maddi Runkles, 18, was barred from walking in her June 2 graduation ceremony because she is pregnant. (Source: WJLA via CNN)Maddi Runkles, 18, was barred from walking in her June 2 graduation ceremony because she is pregnant. (Source: WJLA via CNN)

    A pregnant high school senior in Maryland, who attends a private Christian school, was barred from walking in her graduation ceremony because she had premarital sex.

    More >

    A pregnant high school senior in Maryland, who attends a private Christian school, was barred from walking in her graduation ceremony because she had premarital sex.

    More >
  • Man verbally assaulted for speaking in Spanish to his mother

    Man verbally assaulted for speaking in Spanish to his mother

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 10:20 AM EDT2017-05-24 14:20:22 GMT
    Source: FacebookSource: Facebook

    A video posted to Facebook showing a man in a wheelchair on a verbal tirade against another man who was speaking Spanish to his mother is making the rounds on social media.

    More >

    A video posted to Facebook showing a man in a wheelchair on a verbal tirade against another man who was speaking Spanish to his mother is making the rounds on social media.

    More >
  • Mom confirms death of 15-year-old killed in Manchester bombing

    Mom confirms death of 15-year-old killed in Manchester bombing

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 8:48 AM EDT2017-05-24 12:48:04 GMT
    Parents of 15-year-old Olivia Campbell confirmed their daughter's death Wednesday, May 24, 2017. (Source: CNN/ Charlotte Campbell)Parents of 15-year-old Olivia Campbell confirmed their daughter's death Wednesday, May 24, 2017. (Source: CNN/ Charlotte Campbell)

    Charlotte Campbell had been waiting by the phone for a day when she finally got the news she had been dreading -- her teenage daughter Olivia was among the 22 people killed in the bomb attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Britain

    More >

    Charlotte Campbell had been waiting by the phone for a day when she finally got the news she had been dreading -- her teenage daughter Olivia was among the 22 people killed in the bomb attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Britain

    More >
Powered by Frankly
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.