Attorney Marc DiGiacomo questions Jason "Blu" Griffith at the Regional Justice Center on Friday, May 16. (Lindsay Curtis/FOX5)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -
Prosecutors on Friday began cross examining Jason "Blu" Griffith, the man accused of killing dancer Debora Flores Narvaez, his ex-girlfriend.
Police say Griffith dismembered Flores Narvaez's body and stored it in tubs filled with concrete.
As the prosecution attempted to poke holes in Griffith's story, in which he painted himself as a victim of violence, he maintained that he was acting in self-defense the night Flores Narvaez died in December of 2010.
"Would you agree with me you were having sex with so many women you had to tell a lot of lies to keep it up?" prosecuting attorney Marc DiGiacomo asked.
"No," Griffith replied.
Prosecutors produced text message records dating back several years that they said show Griffith lied to a lot of women, including a dancer referred to as Agnes.
Griffith said Agnes was his girlfriend when Flores Narvaez died, and that hours after her death, he went to a hotel to see her.
"[Did] you tell Agnes Debbie left town and that why she [was] no longer in your life?" DiGiacomo asked.
"Never in that much detail," Griffith replied.
Earlier this week, Griffith's roommate, Louis Colombo, testified that he helped Griffith dismember Flores Narvaez's body and store it.
"Why would you ask your best friend to dismember a body if he had nothing to do with the killing?" DiGiacomo asked.
"Nobody wanted to be a part of anything like that," Griffith replied.
When prosecutors questioned Griffith about witnesses who testified that he seemed happy in the days following his ex-girlfriend's death, he said he acted that way to keep up appearances.
DiGiacomo targeted a key piece of evidence the defense used to back up the claim that Griffith acted in self-defense when he killed Flores Narvaez.
Earlier this week, the jury viewed a threatening note the defense claimed Flores Narvaez left on Griffith's vehicle.
DiGiacomo presented a text message, dated May 22, 2010, that indicates the note was actually written by Colombo.
"I really thought you would know it was me. I feel real stupid, and I'm sorry the [expletive] got out of hand. I just thought we would laugh about it. I was sure you would have been able to tell my handwriting. I'm sorry," the text message read.
The trial is set to resume on Monday morning.
Copyright 2014 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.