A family of four in Mesa was displaced after a fire destroyed their home late Saturday afternoon.
Their dog did not make it out in time.
Firefighters said it may have started in the backyard with a cooking grill.
The flames spread to the attic, fueled by the windy weather.
"On the interior yes, just in the fact that heavy winds pushed a lot of air in the attic and pushed the fire," said Mesa fire official Mike Hoide.
The Red Cross is helping out the family.
The cause of the fire at 100 W. Juniper St. is under investigation.
Copyright 2014 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
Neighbors support a Florida boy's lemonade stand that one neighbor called a “nuisance.”