Sunday, July 27 2014 5:57 PM EDT2014-07-27 21:57:03 GMT
A dive team is searching for the body of a 34-year-old man from the Toledo area, believed to have drowned in a Jet Ski accident on Saturday. It happened around 8:30 p.m. Saturday in a private pond inMore >
The body of 34-year-old Jason Mitchell, from Perrysburg, was located by divers around 1pm on Sunday in about seven feet of water.More >
Anyone living through the winter of 2014 in northwest Ohio or southeast Michigan knows it has been one of the most brutal in history. To prove just that, the Stormtrack weather team did some digging and came up with the following statistics.
- With 84.8 inches so far, it's been the snowiest winter in Toledo history
- It has been the 5th coldest winter in Toledo history, with an average temperature of 20.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Nine days this winter Toledo set a record for low temperature
- January 2014 was the snowiest on record, with 40.2 inches of snow
- Since December 1, temperatures have dipped below zero on 25 different days
More snow has fallen on Toledo this winter than any other major city in Ohio. Second to Ohio's 84.4 inches is Cleveland, with 77 inches.
Toledo is the 9th snowiest city in American, falling behind Erie, Pennsylvania, Syracuse, New York, Buffalo, New York, Grand Rapids, Michigan, Billings, Montana, Rochester, New York, Detroit, Michigan and Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Monday, July 28 2014 1:54 AM EDT2014-07-28 05:54:28 GMT
Authorities now say 14 people - including a 15-year-old - have been struck by lightning during rare summer thunderstorms that have swept through Southern California, injuring two critically.More >
A 20-year-old man died Sunday after lightning struck or rattled 13 people at a popular Los Angeles beach and a golfer on Catalina Island during summer thunderstorms that swept through Southern California, authorities said.More >