Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
LONDON, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Increasing Complexity in Electronics Assembly Will Drive Demand
This study analyzes growth opportunities and current trends in the global surface mount technology (SMT) inspection equipment market. Increasing complexity of electronics assembly and miniaturization of components have bolstered demand for SMT inspection equipment. The study includes detailed analysis of automatic optical inspection (AOI) equipment, solder paste inspection (SPI) equipment, and X-ray inspection equipment. As the demand for double-sided boards increases, the demand for X-ray inspection equipment is expected to outpace AOI and SPI equipment. The study includes product, region, technology, and competitive analysis for each segment for more accurate market intelligence to aid business decisions.
• The global surface mount technology (SMT) inspection equipment market generated a revenue of $X million in 2012. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of X% from 2012 to 2019, reaching $X million in 2019.
• Technology, responsiveness, reliability, and quality are major drivers for the market's growing demand.
• SMT inspection equipment manufacturers have focused on improving gantry systems and ensuring that mechanical designs and algorithms are robust. Other areas of innovations are architecture, stack ability, and measurement capacity.
• The automated optical inspection (AOI) equipment segment is facing declining prices and high competition. As a result, while there is increased demand for unit shipments, overall revenue growth is expected to be nominal.
• The solder paste inspection (SPI) equipment segment is benefiting from an increased need to ensure X% solder deposit accuracy and identify head-in-pillow and other defects. The demand for continuous process improvement elevated the demand for SPI equipment.
• Maturing technology is another challenge in the AOI equipment segment. Therefore, new competitors can easily present their own technology and value differentiation.
• The X-ray inspection equipment segment is expected to benefit from rapid adoption globally, especially from end verticals such as consumer electronics, computing and storage, telecom, and automotive.
• Tablets and other smart products are becoming dense and populated and are capable of increased multitasking in communication and entertainment. This technology has created demand for automated inspection.
• High performance devices further drive demand for x-ray inspection. As product requirements increase, the demand for high quality assurance in the production environment is rising.
• In most cases, electronics manufacturers adopt x-ray inspection for sample tests. However, as boards become more complex and double sided, the demand for x-ray equipment will increase throughout the forecast period.
1. The SMT inspection equipment market will benefit from increased demand in the consumer electronics, computing and storage, and telecom industries.
2. The SMT inspection equipment market will continue to face declining prices.
3. Improved speed, reduced false call rates, advanced accurate defect detection, and increased efficiency will drive product innovation.
4. The focus on mergers and acquisitions will increase as SMT inspection equipment manufacturers expand product offerings and customer base.
• The scope of the study includes inspection equipment used in electronics assembly such as printed circuit board (PCB) assembly and final assembly. The study includes revenue forecasts based on product and geographic segmentation. The scope does not include non-destructive testing or semiconductor testing.
• Product segments include the following:
oAOI equipment, including 2D and 3D inspection equipment.
oX-ray inspection equipment, including manual X-ray inspection (MXI) equipment, semi-automatic, and automatic X-ray inspection (AXI) equipment (does not include non-destructive testing and semiconductor testing).
oSPI equipment, including 2D and 3D inspection equipment.
• Geographic regions include the following:
oNorth America: The United States, Mexico, and Canada.
oWestern Europe: Germany, The United Kingdom, France, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, and Spain.
oCentral and Eastern Europe: Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, and Romania.
oAsia-Pacific (APAC): Japan, China, India, and Southeast Asia.
oRest of World (ROW).
• All revenue is in US Dollars unless otherwise specified.
• Vertical market segmentation includes the following:
oComputing and storage
oOthers, including medical, aerospace and defense (A&D), industrial, and green technology
• Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are companies that design and manufacture products to sell under their own brand names. However, OEMs now outsource design, manufacturing, and other related operations to contract manufacturers and retain only their core competencies, which include marketing, sales, and branding.
• Electronics manufacturing service (EMS) providers are strategic supply chain partners that provide manufacturing services to the OEMs. EMS providers manufacture products designed by the OEMs, which are then sold under the OEMs' brand names. EMS providers have also expanded their service offerings to include design services as well as distribution and logistic services.
• Original design manufacturers (ODMs) are contract manufacturers whose core competency is offering flexible design resources to OEMs. They also provide manufacturing services at a smaller range compared to EMS providers. ODMs retain their Internet protocol (IP) and sometimes sell products within the market under their own brand names.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the SMT inspection equipment market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Which are the high-growth segments? How do demand and growth opportunities vary by geographic region?
How will the demand for SMT inspection equipment evolve over time? What is the percentage of revenue from end customers?
Are the services currently offered meeting customer needs, or is additional development needed?
Are SMT inspection equipment manufacturers ready to tackle the challenges of increasing competition? What best practices should manufacturers cultivate to take their businesses to the next level? How will the order fulfillment and distribution strategy be affected?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total SMT Inspection Equipment Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
4. AOI Equipment Segment Breakdown
5. SPI Equipment Segment Breakdown
6. X-ray inspection Equipment Segment Breakdown
7. North America Breakdown
8. Western Europe Breakdown
9. Central and Eastern Europe Breakdown
10. Asia-Pacific Breakdown
11. Rest of World Breakdown
12. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of the Global Surface Mount Technology Inspection Equipment Market
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.