Dog dies in east Las Vegas house fire - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Dog dies in east Las Vegas house fire

Posted: Updated:
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue reported a dog became trapped in a house fire Thursday afternoon in east Las Vegas and was not able to escape.

The fire broke out before 1 p.m. in the area of Honolulu Street and E. Charleston Boulevard, near Interstate 15. Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke billowing from the one-story, wood-frame house.

No one was home when the fire broke out, but three people are displaced.

The fire gutted the kitchen, attic and roof. Damage is estimated at $150,000.

Investigators said the family left the house at 11:30 a.m. It's believed they made breakfast using a  propane stove, which started a fire that reached the cabinets above. It then burned through the ceiling and spread to the attic.

Those displaced are being aided by the American Red Cross.

Copyright 2014 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..