Firefighters said a large column of smoke was seen from a blaze at a home in the northwest end of the Las Vegas Valley.
According to Clark County Fire Department, the fire sparked just after 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at a home near Lone Mountain Road and Clark County Road 215.
The fire department said two occupants home were already out of the residence when crews arrived at the home. Flames were seen shooting from the roof of the one-story home, CCFD said.
Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the one residence.
Citing the residents, investigators said the fireplace had been in use for several days before smoke filled the home's living room. A resident checked the attic to check on the problem when he found the fire.
There were no injuries from the incident. Fire officials did not immediately disclose a damage estimate from the blaze.
Copyright 2013 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.