LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -
With freezing temperatures and even snow forecast for southern Nevada this week, Clark County will open several warming stations Thursday and Friday to get the homeless and others in from the cold.
The stations are part of the Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition's Inclement Weather Shelter Program.
In addition, the Salvation Army provides daytime shelters throughout the year from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily at its facility at 33 W. Owens Ave. in North Las Vegas.
The following locations will be open Thursday and Friday:
- Black Mountain Recreation Center, 599 Greenway Rd. (at E. Horizon Drive), Henderson, 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Cambridge Recreation Center, 3930 Cambridge St., Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Dr. William U. Pearson Community Center, 1625 W. Carey Ave., Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Dula Gymnasium, 441 E. Bonanza Rd., Las Vegas, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday, and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday.
- Hollywood Recreation Center, 1650 S. Hollywood Blvd., Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Islamic Society of Nevada, 4730 E. Desert Inn Rd. (near Boulder Highway), Las Vegas, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Stupak Community Center, 251 W. Boston Ave., Las Vegas, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Valley View Recreation Center, 500 Harris St. (at Basic Road), Henderson, 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Walnut Recreation Center, 3075 N. Walnut Ave., Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Overnight shelters are available at the following locations:
- Catholic Charities, 1511 N. Las Vegas Blvd. (near Foremaster Lane), Las Vegas, for men.
- The Salvation Army, 33 West Owens Ave. (near Stocker Street), North Las Vegas, for men and women.
- The Shade Tree, 1 West Owens Ave. (near Main Street), North Las Vegas, for women and children.
Copyright 2013 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.