Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
LONDON, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Smartphone Boom and LTE Penetration Drive the Market
The global semiconductors market in next generation mobile computing is in its growth stage and mostly driven by smartphone growth and long-term evolution (LTE) deployment. This research service provides an analysis of the global semiconductors market in next generation mobile computing. The study covers the mobile device and infrastructure segments and divides markets by global, North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific/Rest of Word. The study discusses the various drivers, restraints, and challenges that affect each regional market, identified by Frost & Sullivan through its in-depth market research methodology. Additionally, the study discusses a revenue forecast analysis from 2009 to 2019 for the global and regional markets.
• The global semiconductors market in next generation mobile computing is in its growth stage and mostly driven by smartphone growth and long-term evolution (LTE) deployment.
• North America and Europe are both nearly mature markets in terms of technology and device penetration, while Asia-Pacific (APAC) and the Rest of World (ROW) are growing rapidly.
• Regarding infrastructure, WCDMA/HSPA* and CDMA* technologies dominate in the mature and developed geographies; GSM/EDGE* dominates emerging countries.
• Still, GSM/EDGE will see a complete decline by 2018, and WCDMA/HSPA will dominate the developing geographies as the global LTE footprint gradually increases.
1. Explosive growth of feature and smartphones will drive semiconductors worldwide through the forecast period.
2. Device penetration has saturated developed geographies such as North America and Europe, which results in slow growth.
3. APAC and ROW are the hotspots for semiconductor growth in the mobile computing segment.
4. WCDMA/HSPA and LTE will dominate the global mobile subscriptions by 2018.
5. LTE technology will form the basis for future 4G postpaid subscriptions; however, WiMAX still stands a fair chance with 4G prepaid subscriptions.
For the scope of this study, semiconductors in next generation mobile computing are tracked by the following segments:
• Mobile device segment
oMobile feature phones and smartphones
• Mobile infrastructure segment
oGlobal system for mobile communication/enhanced data rate for global evolution (GSM/EDGE)
oCode division multiple access (CDMA)
oTime division-synchronous code division multiple access (TD-SCDMA)
oWideband code division multiple access/high speed packet access (WCDMA/HSPA)
oLong term evolution (LTE) The semiconductors tracked in each of the above segments include the following sub-segments:
• Digital signal processors (DSP)
• Mobile radio frequency (RF): components such as switches, power amplifiers, transceivers, and filters
• Wireless semiconductors: including Wi-Fi, WiMAX, WiGiG
• Flash memory
• North America
• APAC and ROW
Note: The countries in APAC and ROW include China, Japan, India, Korea, and Singapore as well as Australia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa, and countries in the Middle East.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What is the current market scenario? Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
In what stage is this market? Will these products continue to be in demand, or will they be replaced by other lower-end products?
How will the structure of the market change over time? Is the market ripe for acquisitions?
Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development necessary?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Semiconductors Market in Next Generation Mobile Computing
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
5. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of the Global Semiconductors Market in Next Generation Mobile Computing
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.