3 northeast Vegas schools locked down during manhunt - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

3 northeast Vegas schools locked down during manhunt

Posted: Updated:
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Three schools in the northeast end of the Las Vegas Valley were locked down after reports of a man with a knife nearby.

Clark County School District police said Ann T. Lynch Elementary, Monaco Middle and Sandy Miller Elementary schools were on lockdown about 8:15 a.m. Thursday.

Las Vegas Metro police said a man holding a knife was near the school and then walked toward a nearby park.

Police believed the same person was related to an incident earlier in the morning in the 4900 block of Owens Avenue, near Nellis Boulevard.

Officers were not able to find the person, prompting the lockdown to be lifted at 8:40 a.m., police said.

A description of the person was not disclosed.

Copyright 2013 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..