Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Research and Markets
DUBLIN, October 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s2pt3z/analysis_of_ess) have announced the addition of the "Analysis of ESS Business - Flow Battery Technology & Market" report to their offering.
Flow Battery, the new solution for ESS market
An ESS (Energy Storage System) is a device that stores electric power energy that is delivered from the power plant, transmitted to the substation and distributed to the end consumer. Pumped storage power plant and UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) are typical energy storage systems which were widely used from the past. However the application market of ESS is much more diverse and can be classified into 19 areas. Among many ESS technologies, flow battery technology shows high potential and is expected to be applied in various application markets in the future.
This report contains broad range of topics related to flow battery, one of the most influential technologies of ESS. The report looks into the history of flow battery and various redox couples and describes component parts of the battery.
In addition, the report includes patent trend analysis of flow battery by country, company and research institution. The trend of major flow battery research institution and companies of each country are covered in the report.
The report mainly focuses on the market of the flow battery. About 85 flow batteries (small-scale batteries excluded) were installed in the world until 2012 which is above 343MWh in capacity. The installation market for flow battery is becoming more active in recent years. Flow batteries are mainly used for load leveling, renewable capacity firming, micro grid system, UPS and frequency regulation. The status of the global installation market of flow battery has been examined and analyzed by country, redox couple technology and by year and predictions on market share of flow battery were made with consideration to other ESS technologies. In 2012 the flow battery occupied approximately 0.5% of the ESS market but is expected to increase to 25% by 2020.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Large-Scale Energy Storage Technology Development Status
2. Redox Flow Battery Technology
3. Redox Flow Battery Application Examples
4. Redox Flow Battery Recent Technology Issues and Development Trends
5. Redox Flow Battery Patent Trend
6. Technology Development and Business Trends of Major Research Institutions and Company
7. Flow Battery Market Forecast
- Cellstrom GmbH (Austria)
- Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics (DICP)
- Fraunhofer ICT (Institute for chemical technology) (Germany)
- Honam Petrochemical Corp., etc.
- ITI Energy (England)
- Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Korea Institute of Energy Research
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)
- Plurion Systems (England)
- Prudent Energy
- Riso DTU (Denmark)
- Ryukyu Electric Power Co., Ltd.
- Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology
- Sandia National Laboratories (SNL)
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- V-Fuel Pty Ltd
- ZBB Energy
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s2pt3z/analysis_of_ess
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.