Space heater blamed in Mesa mobile home fire - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Space heater blamed in Mesa mobile home fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Mesa Fire Department) (Source: Mesa Fire Department)

A mobile home went up in flames after the homeowner said he left a space heater on when he left for work Tuesday morning, Mesa fire officials said.

The Red Cross is providing him help with shelter, food and clothing.

Firefighters said heavy smoke was towering from the trailer when they pulled up to the scene at 150 Windsor at about 7:15 a.m.

Crews from Mesa and Gilbert fire departments were able to bring the fire under control in about 20 minutes. They kept it from spreading to other mobile homes on either side.

Damage to the trailer and belongings was extensive. 

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..