Deputies: Hunter holds naked man at gunpoint after attack - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Deputies: Naked man referenced Sasquatch before attacking hunter

Posted: Updated:
Linus Norgren, booking photo Linus Norgren, booking photo
MANNING, OR (KPTV) -

A naked man is accused of brutally attacking a hunter in a remote wooded area Thursday morning.

Deputies were called to the Manning area north of Banks in unincorporated Washington County at 9 a.m.

They said a naked man attacked the hunter, but the hunter was eventually able to get the upper hand and held the clothingless suspect at gunpoint until authorities could reach the scene.

Deputies said it was very difficult to locate the men because of the thick forest and steep terrain. They used air horns and had the hunter blow a whistle to pinpoint his exact location.

Once they found him after about 90 minutes of searching, deputies detained the naked man and began to learn more about the bizarre situation.

The victim said the suspect, identified as Linus Norgren, 20, made a reference to Sasquatch before his violent outburst.

The 58-year-old hunter said Norgren used a rock the size of an apple to hit him on the head multiple times. The victim said the naked man also used a piece of clothing to choke him.

When Norgren stopped the attack, the victim used his hunting rifle to keep the suspect in the area. Deputies said the man had the gun on Norgren when they finally found the scene.

Deputies still don't have a motive for the attack or a reason why Norgren was naked.

He was taken to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries and then booked in jail on charges of second-degree assault, strangulation and menacing. Additional charges are expected as the investigation continues.

The hunter was taken to the hospital. His wife told Fox 12 he was getting a CT scan Thursday afternoon. Deputies did not believe his injuries were life-threatening.

Copyright 2013 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

  • Most Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Pregnant high school student not allowed to walk at graduation

    Pregnant high school student not allowed to walk at graduation

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 7:35 PM EDT2017-05-24 23:35:11 GMT
    Maddi Runkles, 18, was barred from walking in her June 2 graduation ceremony because she is pregnant. (Source: WJLA via CNN)Maddi Runkles, 18, was barred from walking in her June 2 graduation ceremony because she is pregnant. (Source: WJLA via CNN)

    A pregnant high school senior in Maryland, who attends a private Christian school, was barred from walking in her graduation ceremony because she had premarital sex.

    More >

    A pregnant high school senior in Maryland, who attends a private Christian school, was barred from walking in her graduation ceremony because she had premarital sex.

    More >
  • Man verbally assaulted for speaking in Spanish to his mother

    Man verbally assaulted for speaking in Spanish to his mother

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 10:20 AM EDT2017-05-24 14:20:22 GMT
    Source: FacebookSource: Facebook

    A video posted to Facebook showing a man in a wheelchair on a verbal tirade against another man who was speaking Spanish to his mother is making the rounds on social media.

    More >

    A video posted to Facebook showing a man in a wheelchair on a verbal tirade against another man who was speaking Spanish to his mother is making the rounds on social media.

    More >
  • Mom confirms death of 15-year-old killed in Manchester bombing

    Mom confirms death of 15-year-old killed in Manchester bombing

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 8:48 AM EDT2017-05-24 12:48:04 GMT
    Parents of 15-year-old Olivia Campbell confirmed their daughter's death Wednesday, May 24, 2017. (Source: CNN/ Charlotte Campbell)Parents of 15-year-old Olivia Campbell confirmed their daughter's death Wednesday, May 24, 2017. (Source: CNN/ Charlotte Campbell)

    Charlotte Campbell had been waiting by the phone for a day when she finally got the news she had been dreading -- her teenage daughter Olivia was among the 22 people killed in the bomb attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Britain

    More >

    Charlotte Campbell had been waiting by the phone for a day when she finally got the news she had been dreading -- her teenage daughter Olivia was among the 22 people killed in the bomb attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Britain

    More >
Powered by Frankly
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.