One taken to hospital after Chicopee house fire - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

One taken to hospital after Chicopee house fire

Posted: Updated:

One person is in the hospital after a fire at a home on Polaski Avenue in Chicopee.

Firefighters rushed to the house after 9:30 Tuesday night.

Neighbors came up to the home and could feel heat coming from the windows and called for help.

"I sprayed my extinguisher down there and then tried to get down there with a wet T-shirt over my face and it was just too hot, too smoky and he was talking to us for the first five minutes and then he basically just went unresponsive," said neighbor, Mark Fine.

A victim was taken to the hospital.

His condition is unknown at this time.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.