Heat gets to Glendale firefighter during house fire - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

UPDATE

Heat gets to Glendale firefighter during house fire

Posted: Updated:
A Glendale firefighter sprays water on a house that caught fire Wednesday morning. A Glendale firefighter sprays water on a house that caught fire Wednesday morning.
A Glendale firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure with heat-related symptoms. A Glendale firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure with heat-related symptoms.
GLENDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

A Glendale firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure, and four adults were displaced after a fire at a community placement home Wednesday morning.

A neighbor called in the fire shortly about 6:15 a.m., said Mike Young of the Glendale Fire Department.

The house near Glendale Avenue and Camelback Road was fully involved, Young said. The roof partially collapsed while firefighters battled from the outside.

The firefighter suffered from heat-related issues, Young said, but was later released and expected to fully recover.

A Glendale Fire Department spokesman said the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction within the stove range hood and traveled rapidly up the wall into the attic.

The single-story house was used the community placement home for Southwest Behavior Center, where the four adults lived.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..