Health district: Students contracted norovirus after visiting re - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Health district: Students contracted norovirus after visiting restaurant

Posted: Updated:
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

The Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) on Friday confirmed Valley students who at ate the Buca di Beppo restaurant inside the Luxor Las Vegas hotel and casino contracted norovirus.

The students, who attend Southwest Career and Technical Academy, according to a parent FOX5 spoke with, were at the Italian eatery as part of their prom celebrations.

SNHD has sent letters to the school because norovirus is a contagious illness.

Norovirus can be transferred from food or water and symptoms include gastrointestinal discomfort.

SNHD does not know the source of the illness but has initiated an investigation.

Stay with FOX5 for updates on this developing story.

Copyright 2013 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

More News

Download the FOX5 Vegas app

Updated:

You can download the new FOX5 Vegas mobile app, which now features an Interactive Radar and the MyReport photo submission tool. iPhone DownloadiPad DownloadAndroid DownloadAmazon Fire DownloadFor the best More>>

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..