2 displaced in house fire - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

2 displaced in house fire

Posted: Updated:
The garage fire on Maplestar Road. (Courtesy: Tim Szymanski, Las Vegas Fire and Rescue) The garage fire on Maplestar Road. (Courtesy: Tim Szymanski, Las Vegas Fire and Rescue)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue said two adults were displaced on Friday night in a house fire on Maplestar Road, near Washington Avenue and Durango Drive.

The fire, which broke out at 7:35 p.m., was in the garage and firefighters kept it from spreading. The fire gutted the garage but there was no damage to the home's interior. Damage is estimated at $10,000 and investigators ruled the fire an accident.

One of the residents told investigators he had earlier been smoking in the garage while working on a stereo system. He left and the garage later filled with smoke and fire.

The American Red Cross is assisting those displaced.

Copyright 2013 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..