Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release distributed through PR Newswire, an independent third-party content provider. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
NEW YORK, March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
1.) Clothing B2C E-Commerce in Russia is expanding
yStats.com, a Hamburg-based secondary research company, has completed and released the "Russia Clothing B2C E-Commerce Report 2013", a study covering online shopping regarding clothing in Russia. The study shows a marked increase in internet purchases, with clothing sales showing the greatest growth. Nearly half of online shoppers in Russia purchased clothing, shoes and accessories over the Internet in 2012, double the 2011 figure.
Online sales of clothing outpace other items
The B2C E-Commerce market of clothing has surged the past few years according to the yStats.com study. Though sales of clothing and shoes has recently been the third largest product category in B2C E-Commerce in Russia in terms of revenue, following consumer electronics and household appliances, the pace of growth of the apparel category exceeds that of the current leaders. Almost one third of all clothing purchases are conducted online.
Market dominated by few companies
The yStats.com study found that the online apparel and accessories market in Russia is dominated by a handful of companies. Ten online clothing companies account for almost 50% of all clothing B2C E-Commerce sales. The most popular companies for online shoppers are Quelle.ru, Otto.ru and Kupivip.ru, but other companies such as Wildberries.ru, and Laredoute.ru are also benefiting from the growth of sales in the sector. Quelle.ru sells European brands such as NEXT, Esprit, Lascana, s.Oliver, and others. Wildberries.ru has overcome one of the barriers to online clothing shopping by opening a hundred try-on stations in regions of Russia, and processes about 350,000 orders each month.
Investments and mergers in the sector
Recent rapid growth and perceived potential for further expansion of the online apparel sector has attracted large investments from Russian venture capital companies as well as from abroad. Kupivip.ru, a private shopping club, has attracted over 100 million Euros in total investment, and Lamoda.ru, a project of venture capital company Rocket Internet, received substantial funding from such investors as JP Morgan and PPR Holding. Both clothing shops utilized the funding to expand their market presence, opening new online shops and broadening their apparel offerings. Kupivip.ru may be one of the first Russian online shops to conduct an IPO at some time in the future. Several international players in the online clothing market have also established their presence in Russia. Laredoute.ru, a member of the PPR Group, is one of the popular shops. Otto.ru, is one of the fastest growing subsidiaries of the Otto Group. Also, the Otto Group recently acquired Quelle.ru. In another merger and acquisition within the Russian B2C E-Commerce market, Sapato.ru was taken over by Russian E-Commerce giant Ozon.
2.) About our Reports
- Market reports by yStats.com inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- yStats.com provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- Our international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- yStats.com delivers all research results as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
- If required, yStats.com provides in-depth analysis for all research projects. Simply send us a request.
3.) About yStats.com
yStats.com has been committed to researching up-to-date, objective and demand-based data on markets and competitors for top managers from various industries since 2005. Headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, the firm has a strong international focus and is specialized in secondary market research. In addition to offering reports on markets and competitors, yStats.com also carries out client-specific research. Clients include leading global enterprises from various industries including B2C E-Commerce, electronic payment systems, mail order and direct marketing, logistics, as well as banking and consulting.
1. MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
2. MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS
To order this report:
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.