Vegas Carl's Jr. restaurant catches fire - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Vegas Carl's Jr. restaurant catches fire

Posted: Updated:
Officials said the restaurant was open at the time when a rooftop fire sparked, but there was no customers inside.   (Las Vegas Fire and Rescue) Officials said the restaurant was open at the time when a rooftop fire sparked, but there was no customers inside. (Las Vegas Fire and Rescue)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

A fire at a chain fast food eatery in northwest Las Vegas may have started on a rooftop air conditioning unit.

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue reported the blaze at the Carl's Jr. restaurant in the 3100 block of N. Rainbow Boulevard near Cheyenne Avenue about 4:45 a.m. Tuesday.

According to LVFR, two employees noticed smoke in a vent and contacted authorities. The restaurant was open, but there were no customers inside, officials noted.

Damage from the fire was estimated at $100,000.

Officials said the restaurant could be closed 3-6 months.

Copyright 2013 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

More News

Download the FOX5 Vegas app

Updated:

You can download the new FOX5 Vegas mobile app, which now features an Interactive Radar and the MyReport photo submission tool. iPhone DownloadiPad DownloadAndroid DownloadAmazon Fire DownloadFor the best More>>

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..