A fire in northwest Las Vegas early Monday left a family of five homeless.
According to Las Vegas Fire and Rescue, an exhaust fan in an upstairs bathroom sparked the fire in the 6600 block of Silverstream Avenue, near Washington Avenue and Torrey Pines Drive.
The fire was confined to the bathroom with heat and smoke damage confined to the second floor and attic of the home, LVFR said.
Damage was estimated at $50,000. Fire investigators said the fire was accidental and electrical in nature.
There were no injuries among the four people who were at the home.
The Red Cross said it is assisting the family with clothing, food, medication and other essentials.
The organization reminds people that aid comes from donations from the community. If you would like to help, you can contact the American Red Cross of Southern Nevada at 702-369-3674 or redcrosslasvegas.org.
Copyright 2013 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
Wednesday, August 27 2014 7:48 PM EDT2014-08-27 23:48:57 GMT
Omaha police say officers' gunfire killed 'Cops' television show crew member and a robbery suspect at a fast-food restaurant.More >
Police officers who opened fire while disrupting a robbery at a fast-food restaurant in Omaha killed a crew member with the TV show "Cops" as well as the suspect, who was armed with a pellet gun that they thought was a...More >