(Source: CBS 5 News) Tempe firefighters said one apartment was destroyed by fire early Thursday morning at 171 S. Dorsey Lane.
TEMPE, AZ (CBS5) -
Red Cross volunteers were helping a number of families displaced by a fire at a Tempe apartment complex early Thursday morning.
Michele Maki of the Grand Canyon Chapter of the American Red Cross said five to six units were damaged in the fire at 171 S. Dorsey Lane.
A Tempe Fire Department spokesman said a neighbor leaving for work noticed the fire in one of the units about 4 a.m. and helped the mother and daughter inside escape the flames. The apartment was a total loss, the spokesman said, and the other units suffered smoke damage.
The cause of the fire hadn't been determined.
No other information was immediately available.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
Sunday, December 8 2013 1:53 AM EST2013-12-08 06:53:43 GMT
Police say a bicyclist has been hit and killed in the intersection of Eastern and Sunset. Fatal detail is heading to the scene. The intersection will be closed for at least 2 to 3 hours. Police sayMore >
Bicyclist killed after being hit by a car in intersection.More >
Wednesday, October 9 2013 10:46 PM EDT2013-10-10 02:46:38 GMT
Students at a Las Vegas high school said a picture circulating online, which shows a girl stripped of her clothes and nearly naked, happened on campus this week. Several Durango High School students whoMore >
Students at a Las Vegas high school said a picture circulating online, which shows a girl stripped of her clothes and nearly naked, happened on campus this week. More >
Sunday, December 8 2013 6:47 PM EST2013-12-08 23:47:40 GMT
Las Vegas firefighters responded to Westeria Avenue, near US95 and Jones just before 10 Saturday evening after fire dispatchers received multiple 9-1-1 calls that a house was on fire. When firefightersMore >
Las Vegas firefighters responded to Westeria Avenue, near US95 and Jones just before 10 p.m. Saturday after fire dispatchers received multiple 911 calls that a house was on fire.More >