An early morning house fire killed one person and sent three others to the hospital, Las Vegas Fire and Rescue said Thursday.
According to LVFR, neighbors called 911 just after midnight Thursday, reporting the house located in the 4300 block of Nolan Lane, near Alta Drive and South Valley View Boulevard, was on fire. Callers also reported one person was trapped inside the home.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, they found heavy smoke pouring from the house.
LVFR said crews had the blaze under control in about ten minutes. Once the flames were out, investigators made their way inside and found the body of a man in a back bedroom.
Three other people who live at the home escaped the fire. They were taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Their injuries were not life-threatening.
Right now, fire investigators aren't sure what sparked the blaze. They say they are looking into two possibilities: careless smoking or a space heater.
The fire completely gutted the house. The damage is estimated to be about $100,000.
The American Red Cross will be assisting the survivors once they are released from the hospital.
Copyright 2013 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation) All rights reserved.