Mom trips over son; pair burned by hot grease - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Mom trips over son; pair burned by hot grease

Posted: Updated:
Hot grease spills on mom and her 3-year-old son. (Source: Mesa Fire Department) Hot grease spills on mom and her 3-year-old son. (Source: Mesa Fire Department)
The pair suffered burns. (Source: Mesa Fire Department) The pair suffered burns. (Source: Mesa Fire Department)
The woman had been carrying a pot of hot grease outside and stumbled over her son. (Source: Mesa Fire Department) The woman had been carrying a pot of hot grease outside and stumbled over her son. (Source: Mesa Fire Department)
MESA, AZ (CBS5) -

A Mesa mom and her 3-year-old son suffered burns after she tripped and the pot of hot grease she was carrying spilled on them both.

The pair, who were not identified, suffered second and third-degree burns and were rushed to the Maricopa County Burn center.

The woman had taken the pot off the stove after she noticed a small fire erupting in the grease.

As she was carrying the pot outside, she tripped over the child. The hot grease, no longer on fire, splashed on both of them.

A fire crew stayed on scene near Gilbert and Broadway to disperse absorbent on the family's slippery entrance way.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..