Heating unit causes Vegas apartment fire - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Heating unit causes Vegas apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
(FOX5 FILE) (FOX5 FILE)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Firefighters believed a heating unit may have caused an apartment fire in east Las Vegas on Tuesday.

According to the Clark County Fire Department, crews were called to the Meadow Vista Apartment Complex in the 4500 block of Karen Avenue about 9:52 p.m.

Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from an upstairs unit of a two-story apartment building, CCFD said.

Clark County Fire said crews were able to contain the fire to just one unit.

Officials believed the fire sparked from electrical wiring near the unit's HVAC system.

There were no injuries reported. Damage was estimated at $8,000.

Copyright 2013 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..