Auto body business catches fire - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Auto body business catches fire

Posted: Updated:

Firefighters spent the first night of the new year battling flames at an auto body business.

The fire started just before 9 p.m. Tuesday at Perry's Auto Tech at 3375 Pinks Place, near Desert Inn Road and Valley View Boulevard.

This was the second structure fire of the year for Clark County Fire Department.

CCFD says firefighters found heavy smoke and fire coming from a single story auto body garage.

The flames had extended to several cooling units on the roof.

CCFD says 29 firefighters aggressively knocked down the fire, preventing it from spreading to adjacent businesses.

There was one man present at the time of the fire. He received minor injuries.

Fire investigators believe the fire started in a vehicle by welding, and it rapidly spread through the garage.

Damage is estimated at approximately $300,000.

Copyright 2013 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..