Golden Nugget on code violation: 'Somebody dropped the ball' - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Golden Nugget on code violation: 'Somebody dropped the ball'

Posted: Updated:
(Southern Nevada Health District) (Southern Nevada Health District)
(Southern Nevada Health District) (Southern Nevada Health District)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Photographs released by the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) on Thursday show a grimy Golden Nugget kitchen infested with cockroaches.

It was this pest infestation and other health code violations which led health officials to close the Carson Street Café and the employee dining area on Tuesday, both of which are serviced by the roach-infested kitchen.

In response, the Golden Nugget said it is working to correct the violations.

"The highest priority has been placed on remedying the violation so that we may re-open as soon as possible," the Golden Nugget said in a statement.

On Thursday, FOX5 reached out to the Golden Nugget again for an update and was told by spokesperson Amy Chasey the kitchen will be re-inspected on Friday with the hopes that the café and dining room will re-open on Friday afternoon.

A spokesperson for the resort's owner, Landry's Restaurants, said ownership is upset about the violation and closure.

"We are clearly upset and disappointed that somebody dropped the ball. This should never happen," the spokesperson said in a statement. "We retain the services of a professional outside vendor, and are angry and disappointed this happened. A full investigation is being launched as to how this occurred, and we assure all of our guests that it will not happen again."

Copyright 2012 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..