A man is in the hospital in critical condition after inhaling a substance fire officials believe could be nitric acid.
Mike Young with the Glendale Fire Department said a mobile home manager found six, 1-gallon bottles in a dumpster in the 6500 block of W. Glendale Ave. He got the liquid on his hands and put his hands up to his nose to see what it was. Young said the victim was overcome by the fumes and was taken to the hospital.
The hazmat team is investigating the substance. Young said they have reason to believe it could be nitric acid.
Mobile homes in the area have been evacuated.
Stay with cbs5az.com for updates on this developing story.
Copyright 2012 CBS 5 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Wednesday, August 27 2014 7:48 PM EDT2014-08-27 23:48:57 GMT
Omaha police say officers' gunfire killed 'Cops' television show crew member and a robbery suspect at a fast-food restaurant.More >
Police officers who opened fire while disrupting a robbery at a fast-food restaurant in Omaha killed a crew member with the TV show "Cops" as well as the suspect, who was armed with a pellet gun that they thought was a...More >