Vegas duplex fire causes $10K in damage - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Vegas duplex fire causes $10K in damage

Posted: Updated:
Investigators said a fire at a duplex sparked from outside the building. (Las Vegas Fire and Rescue) Investigators said a fire at a duplex sparked from outside the building. (Las Vegas Fire and Rescue)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

A vacant duplex north of the Las Vegas Strip was damaged by fire on Thursday.

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue said the blaze happened in the 1500 block of Rexford Place, near Oakey and Las Vegas boulevards, about 8:25 a.m.

Arriving firefighters found flames coming from the rear of the building, LVFR said. Fire officials said the blaze was actually started from the outside of the building but was threatening to spread to the attic of the duplex.

Fire crews were able to extinguish the blaze. LVFR noted neighbors reported the duplex was frequented by homeless people.

LVFR estimated the damage at $10,000.

Copyright 2012 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..