Man found dead in Vegas apartment fire ID'd - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Man found dead in Vegas apartment fire ID'd

Posted: Updated:
Amateur video of the fire on Nov. 14, 2012. (Michelle Clark) Amateur video of the fire on Nov. 14, 2012. (Michelle Clark)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

A Las Vegas apartment resident, who was found dead after a fire, died as a result of smoke inhalation from the blaze.

According to the Clark County Coroner's office, Reginald Jean Frisner Michel, 36, died of carbon monoxide intoxication from the fire.

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue said a second floor unit on Ninth Street, near Bonanza Road and Las Vegas Boulevard North, erupted in flames in the late night hours of Nov. 14.

Fire crews were able to extinguish the flames quickly but found Michel's body inside.

The coroner's office ruled Michel's death an accident. Investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen.

Total fire damage was estimated at $75,000.

Copyright 2012 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..