Apartment fire sparked by plumbers, water heater - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Apartment fire sparked by plumbers, water heater

Posted: Updated:
A patio and an upstairs apartment bedroom were damaged after a water heater fire. (LVFR) A patio and an upstairs apartment bedroom were damaged after a water heater fire. (LVFR)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Fire officials believe a blaze that took place at a west Las Vegas apartment unit was caused by plumbers using a torch on a water heater.

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue reported the incident at the Pavilions apartment complex in the 7100 block of Pirates Cove Road.

According to LVFR, the fire, which was ruled accidental, was in a first-floor water heater closet located in a patio.

The fire spread to an adjacent chimney shaft that sent flames and smoke, officials said.

The fire damaged a first-floor apartment patio and a bedroom on the second floor of the two-story building, but it did not spread to neighboring units, fire officials said.

The damage was estimated at $50,000. The fire also displaced two people.

There were no injuries reported.

Copyright 2012 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..