Fire displaces family in southwest Vegas - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Fire displaces family in southwest Vegas

Posted: Updated:
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

A family was displaced after a fire at a southwest Las Vegas home early Friday morning.

Clark County Fire Department reported the blaze near Warm Springs Road and Decatur Boulevard just after 3 a.m.

Fire officials said an indoor/outdoor fireplace appeared to have sparked the blaze, causing it to spread to the attic.

A dog and a cat perished in the fire while five other canines were rescued, CCFD said.

Two adults and two teens escaped the blaze. The American Red Cross of Southern Nevada were called to assist the family in relief efforts.

Damage was estimated at $150,000, CCFD said.

Copyright 2012 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..