Apartment fire causes $150K in damages, 14 displaced - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Apartment fire causes $150K in damages, 14 displaced

Posted: Updated:
(Las Vegas Fire & Rescue) (Las Vegas Fire & Rescue)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Fourteen people are without a place to stay due to an apartment fire Saturday morning.

The blaze started at around 8:22 a.m. on the 900 block of Brush Street, at the Alpine Village Apartments near Charleston and Decatur Boulevards.

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue officials said the first started in the attic by an accidental electrical issue.

Eight units were affected and caused $150,000 in damages.

One firefighter was taken to an area hospital with minor injuries.

The American Red Cross is assisting the 14 people who were affected by the fire.

Copyright 2012 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..