LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -
The Las Vegas Wranglers organization has moved to keep the core of its Western Conference-winning team in place for the 2012-13 season.
Eight qualifying offers have been extended, the maximum allowed for an ECHL team. A qualifying offer secures a player for the season; however, that player does not have to accept the offer. If a player does not accept the offer by the August 1 deadline, he can then renegotiate the offer or sign outside of the ECHL.
Qualifying offers have been extended to the following players:
- Goaltender Joe Fallon – Fallon boasts a 30-10-4 regular season record with a 2.39 goals-against average and 0.912 save percentage.
- Defenseman Jamie Fritsch – The D-man tallied nine points (1 goal, 8 assists) in 42 regular-season games. He was called up to the American Hockey League (AHL) three times.
- Defenseman Jeff May – The defenseman with a knack for offense put the puck in the net seven times in 50 regular-season games. He also picked up 20 regular-season assists.
- Defenseman Channing Boe – Boe scored three times and picked up 13 assists in his debut season as a pro hockey player.
- Forward Eric Lampe – Lampe notched an impressive 67 points (37 goals, 30 assists) in his first season with the Wranglers. He set team records for most goals in a game (4), most points in a game (6), and most goals in a season. He was named ECHL Player of the Month for October 2011.
- Forward Scott Campbell – Campbell managed 31 points (15 goals, 16 assists) during his first season of professional hockey. He was twice called up to the AHL during the 2011-12 season.
- Forward Josh Lunden – Lunden was good for 42 points (21 goals, 21 assists) in his second season with the Wranglers. He picked up an additional 10 points during the playoffs and was called up to the AHL four times.
- Forward Judd Blackwater – Blackwater tallied 56 points (21 goals, 35 assists) in 46 regular-season games. He lit the lamp six more times in the playoffs.
Tickets for the 2012-13 season are now on sale and may be purchased by calling (702)-471-PUCK. For more information, visit www.lasvegaswranglers.com.
Copyright 2012 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.