Tyler apartment fire started by cigarette butt - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

BREAKING NEWS

Tyler apartment fire started by cigarette butt

Posted: Updated:
TYLER, TX (KLTV) -

Emergency officials responding to a reported structure fire in Southeast Tyler on Friday.

Around 2:10 Friday afternoon, crews were called out to Fox Run Apartments, off Loop 323 in Tyler, to a structure fire where smoke was visible.

Officials on the scene said the fire started from a cigarette that was thrown from a second-story balcony.

The cigarette landed on a wood-railing of a patio below, and started a small fire.

Crews have extinguished the blaze.

There were no injuries or evacuations reported.

Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KVVU Broadcasting Corporation, Las Vegas, NV and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..