Celine Dion's performances at Caesars Palace have been canceled through Mar. 18 on a medical order to rest her voice, the Las Vegas Strip property announced Tuesday.
She is expected to undergo vocal rest through the end of April and expected to return to the stage beginning June 9. Dion has no shows scheduled for April or May.
Caesars officials said she recently experienced difficulties with her vocal chords which lead to canceled performances this past weekend.
Doctors in Los Angeles diagnosed Dion with weakness in her right vocal chord and prescribed her six to eight weeks of voice rest, Caesars said.
"I tried to sing at my sound-check last week, and I had no control of my voice whatsoever," said Celine in a statement. "We thought that after a few days rest I would improve but it wasn't getting any better....I guess it was worse than I thought. I'm fortunate that I was able to see Professor [Gerald Berke of UCLA Medical Center]. He identified what was causing the problems I was having, and he assured me that with the amount of rest he prescribed, I would be back to 100%."
Celine went on to apologize for the cancellations.
"I feel worse knowing that I'm disappointing my fans. I'm so sorry. I hope they forgive me," she said.
Caesars said refunds are being processed for those who bought tickets to the affected shows. Those who purchased with cash may present tickets at the original point of sale for a refund.
In addition, ticket holders who purchased through Ticketmaster can call 1-877-423-5463.
Copyright 2012 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.